Skype alternatives?

the_raven

Beta member
1) I'm sorry if it's the wrong sub-forum. :angel:
2) I'm sorry if it was already asked. :silent:

Now see, I'll put it simple: I hate the new Skype! :mad:
The constant updates; online friends that aren't online (because they're using Skype on their cellphone); you can't close old conversations anymore; you can't delete groups you were part of anymore; there's the privacy thing that's come up recently; and now they've started putting adds! :sick:

I tried using Pidgin and Trillian, but they don't support Skype anymore (or is it the other way around?). :confused:

I've tried using v.5.9, but just yesterday, it refused to log me in! I read that there was an issue with older versions' compatibility or whatnot, but I'm just sure they shut it down to make everyone use the crappy v.6...I mean, with all those useless "updates" they're giving us, and after ignoring their users, it's a pretty obvious lie... :annoyed:

I've tried googling for an answer, and the search resulted in outdated forums, or cell-phone apps (that I can't use because I haven't got a cell-phone (out of principle by the way)), or apps that are an IM alternative, but don't support Skype contacts. :neutral:

I want to keep my Skype contacts without using their (now) lame program. I don't care about video/ audio calls, I just want to instant message, and I'm at my wit's end. :sleep:

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Google hangouts work well for video calls. You can also set up a google phone number which is especially helpful for overseas calls where band width may be limited - free.

If you want IM try google talk which is rolled into hangouts now.

Back
Top Bottom