Sky on my PC

southdownswolf

Beta member
Can anyone help me, I am looking to build a computer as an entertainment centre at home. This would include using it for storing all my cds as mp3s, storing photos from a digital camera and also (this is where the problem is!) to put Sky TV through so that I can record to the hard drive / dvd burner. Sounds easy enough, but can I use the pc to control sky with something like "showshifter"? I have the full Sky package and would like to be able to link it through the pc, receiving all the subscribed channels as well as freebies.

Basically; if you're not looking to buy a Windows XP Media Edition PC then you will need to buy a WinTV Card. Or another TV Viewing Card.

That will take your aerial connection into it and play all of you TV channels on it. A big one will come complete with great Videoing abilities - there is a specific one which does this but I cannot remmember the name. ask in a PC World for WinTV and they will show you. Basically its a PCI Card which you put in, installs and shows TV.

That will pick up Sky; and although you will have to change Sky Channels throught the Box you will be able to record the programs (not encoded things like Box Office).

You'll also need a Nice Big High-Definition Monitor or LCD TV to use a Computer properly as your Media Centre.

Back
Top Bottom