Single Established Connection

Imoo57

Beta member
I checked my command prompt today and found this mysterious established connection. I had no websites running at the time of finding it.
I searched for the PID of 3148 in Task manager services but it was not displayed. Should I be concerned? I can't paste the window here due to the amount of space it takes up.

You said you found this in Command Prompt but you mention a PID. Are you referring to a running process, or an established connection you discovered through netstat or something?

If it's a process I'd start by trying to find the file path to see if it's located somewhere familiar such as program files. If you have Windows 7, open task manager and from the "View" menu, select Columns > Image Path

If it's a tcp connection then use netstat to find the outside ip address and possibly what process on your PC is making the connection. That could help determine if it's something to be worried about.

And of course you could always do a malwarebytes scan.

Windows phones home a lot. With their idea of privacy being skewed lately, better track down what it is and either disable it or block it in your firewall.

My ESET security software phones home from time to time with what it stumbled on, on my system and updating itself.

Back
Top Bottom