Since more people are getting on board...

I agree with Joga, except for the no post count or rep. People can still help other people in the Social Lounge that don't relate to computers. Like advice for something in real life, sport, relationships, personal issues etc.

And of course other things...

For those I think a "Thanks" would do. If we leave reputation to sections were knowledge is required, you can separate the people who give better advice than others. This is not supposed to shun those with lower reputation, it's just a better way to see who's helping out more and if you're a newcomer, who you should take advice from. Because let's face it, if you're a long-standing member, you know who helps and who doesn't.

Additionally, if the forum is rearranged, I think we should also update some stickies and get rid of those that are useless (if there are any).

This is how I would organize it

General (no post count, no rep)
-Social Lounge
-CF: Suggestions, Comments, and Feebacks
-For Sale
-Gallery

Technical
-Software (there would be just general posts here, the subforums would look like the gallery in the S/H Section)
--OS
--Programming
--Security/Hacking
-Hardware (there would be just general posts here, the subforums would look like the gallery in the S/H Section)
--Overclocks
--Cooling/Peripherals

Webhosting
-Shared Hosting
-Dedicated Hosting
-Web-Design, Reviews, and Advertisement

This would be a nice layout i think..

Also upgrade the banner at the top.. I rember seeing one which had been modified so it was the right shade, and fitted properly, and was also less blurry.. a VB upgrade would be good too

I also agree with getting rid of the links at the top..

I think a "computers" section wouldn't be smart because we already know this is a "computers" forum. The more separated things are the more organized it looks. However, if you separate too many things on a forum that is not very populated, you get empty sections. I think the current division is good, but a little further separation and unison would help. Like the programming forum would be much more active if you had web programming and regular programming together.

I guess that isn't the best name for it.

I think that there should be some more separations but be honest, there are fewer threads in the forums that are not under General than there are under General Computer Hardware and Software. I don't seen any problem with merging those into 2 or 3 forums.

Maybe take the shared and dedicated hosting and combine that into hosting and then put the general section at the bottom.

so its like this:

Technical-
*Hardware
**Overclocking
*Software
**OS
**Programming
*Tutorials

Web-
*Networking
*Servers
*Web-Design, Reviews, and Advertisement

The Lounge-
*Social lounge
*Classifieds
*Gallery
*Reviews (maybe somehow work this in with the General Computer help section?)
*General Comments and Feedback
*Staff area
*Spam Archive

Technical-
*Hardware
**Overclocking
*Software
**OS
**Programming
*Tutorials

I think a bit more work needs to be done on that list. Where would a question go from someone who's computer is shutting down on it's own? Or a comp that won't boot up?
Need to be careful not to make these category too complicated for someone who knows nothing about computers. Some people have difficulty figuring out where to post questions. Believe it or not there are people still out there who think a whole computer is called a CPU. :D

I think a bit more work needs to be done on that list. Where would a question go from someone who's computer is shutting down on it's own? Or a comp that won't boot up?
Need to be careful not to make these category too complicated for someone who knows nothing about computers. Some people have difficulty figuring out where to post questions. Believe it or not there are people still out there who think a whole computer is called a CPU. :D

Very good point. I think though if if we have the hardware section there, and put something in the info under that says "if you have a computer problem, chances are it goes here" then most people would put it there.

Back
Top Bottom