Since more people are getting on board...

High post count doesn't mean you're spamming or anything....I think we should keep it, because that's a main part of a forum, yeah sure you'll get 1 or 2 spammers but honestly, it makes them look dumb, not you.

pfft.... I think its pretty annoying. Quite honesty, I'd look at someone's rep over their post count when seeing how popular they are around here.

Does this mean I'm a spammer with 5,894 posts?

I must really be spamming another fourm. I have 10,986 posts there and a custom title (Instigator).

Re-arranging the forums is a very sensible idea so if you do have a suggestion I am very willing to listen to it

What I remember doing is having a Computer Section THEN a social section.

In the computer section there were 3 sections, Hardware help and software help.

Under that there was the social section, which had the social lounge and then classifieds and then I think there may have been the CF feedback forum.

I remember posting it here, I'll look for it and then report back here. It was a very logical flow and it had computer stuff before social stuff.

This is how I would organize it

General (no post count, no rep)
-Social Lounge
-CF: Suggestions, Comments, and Feebacks
-For Sale
-Gallery

Technical
-Software (there would be just general posts here, the subforums would look like the gallery in the S/H Section)
--OS
--Programming
--Security/Hacking
-Hardware (there would be just general posts here, the subforums would look like the gallery in the S/H Section)
--Overclocks
--Cooling/Peripherals

Webhosting
-Shared Hosting
-Dedicated Hosting
-Web-Design, Reviews, and Advertisement

pfft.... I think its pretty annoying. Quite honesty, I'd look at someone's rep over their post count when seeing how popular they are around here.

There's a difference between posting a lot and spamming.

you've given me the most neg reps, so I was expecting this...

Does this mean I'm a spammer with 5,894 posts?

I must really be spamming another fourm. I have 10,986 posts there and a custom title (Instigator).

According to some people... :rolleyes:

This is how I would organize it

General
-Social Lounge
-CF: Suggestions, Comments, and Feebacks
-For Sale
-Gallery

Technical
-Software (there would be just general posts here, the subforums would look like the gallery in the S/H Section)
--OS
--Programming
--Security/Hacking
-Hardware (there would be just general posts here, the subforums would look like the gallery in the S/H Section)
--Overclocks
--Cooling/Peripherals

Webhosting
-Shared Hosting
-Dedicated Hosting

I think you have a good idea of how the forum should be organized...Not a lot of people use the webhost section though, it's pretty dead.

I never look into those sections so for me it wouldn't matter if it was gone. However, there are people who use it, so let's just leave it there. The only change I would make to it is incorporate the web programming to regular programming.

http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=707907&postcount=6
http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=708318&postcount=37
http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=710666&postcount=94

There are the posts that ArrizX and I made with regards to re arranging.

Now, I'm think consolidating even more would be good, because quite honestly I haven't scrolled down on the first page in forever.

So here is my suggestion:

Computers-
*Hardware
*Software (subforum 'Operating Systems')
*Networking
*Programming
*Servers
*Tutorials

The Lounge-
*Social lounge
*Classifieds
*Gallery
*Reviews (maybe somehow work this in with the General Computer help section?)
*General Comments and Feedback
*Staff area
*Spam Archive

I think a "computers" section wouldn't be smart because we already know this is a "computers" forum. The more separated things are the more organized it looks. However, if you separate too many things on a forum that is not very populated, you get empty sections. I think the current division is good, but a little further separation and unison would help. Like the programming forum would be much more active if you had web programming and regular programming together.

I have re-done my list because I accidentally excluded 2 sections.

Legend:
: Section
-: Forum
--: Subforum

*Legend is for purposes of understanding my organizational method.

General (no post count, no rep)
-Forum FAQ & Guidelines
--Suggestions, Comments, and Feebacks
-Social Lounge
-Gallery
-For Sale

Technical
--Overclocks
--Cooling/Peripherals
--Reviews/Guides (Depending on the flow we can separate these)
--OS
--Programming
--Security/Hacking

Web
-Networking
-Servers
--Shared Hosting
--Dedicated Hosting

Back
Top Bottom