Shutdown/start up sounds

dude21

Solid State Member
Im wanting to know if theres any software that can play a song when ever i want to shut down my computer. I know that you can change it in the controll panel just that it only alows about 5 seconds. Im running win xp pro.

Cheers

Go to sounds and audio devices in the control panel. Then click on the tab "sounds" and then you can change any of the window sounds into what ever you want just that you cant have a song that goes for more than aprox 40 sec for start up and for shut down you can only play a song for aprox 5 sec. Cheers

If you want to change the time that it takes to shutdown go into regedit and then into HK_LOCAL_MACHINE > System > CurrentControlSet > Control.
In there there should be a waittokill service, modify the data of that (by default it is 20000, i change it to 200) and that should change the time it takes to shut down. You can change how long it takes to shut down so it can play your 5 second shutdown music in unison. :)
I'm not sure about startup though :( Lemme see though.

Hey cheers for that but im wanting to play a song for about 50 seconds when i shut down the system however when i change the data values to around 100,000, the computer (umm how do i put this) it sort of logs out before the song has finished playing but takes longer to "turn off" as you would expect when you change the data value.

I think it logs out because the max amount of time that you can play a song is 5 seconds, after that 5 secodns has finsihed it will stop it and then continue the process of shutting down. There may be a way to change this but i am not currently aware of it.

Back
Top Bottom