Shut down PC,Help

frank55

In Runtime
Hi Guys;i'm running win 10 on one of my Lenovo desktops and when i shutdown it shuts off display and the hard drive light but the power stays on as the fan,i already default f9 on bios but still same thing,i have to press power a few second to turn off PC,any help would be appreciated, it doesn't do it in Ubuntu.

Try this and see if it makes any change:

Open Run (win key + R) Type: powercfg.cpl, press enter.
click "Choose what the power buttons do"
Uncheck "Turn on fast startup"

Try this and see if it makes any change:

Open Run (win key + R) Type: powercfg.cpl, press enter.
click "Choose what the power buttons do"
Uncheck "Turn on fast startup"

Thanks: i will do that some day, but for now i Have put back the Hard drive with Ubuntu 14.04 that i had run prior to trying Win 10 and it power off and works perfect with no issues.

Fair enough. I have some LED lights plugged into a USB header on my mobo and noticed that those also remain lit after shutdown on my upgraded windows 10 OS. seems that win 10 power options will need some tweaking.

Fair enough. I have some LED lights plugged into a USB header on my mobo and noticed that those also remain lit after shutdown on my upgraded windows 10 OS. seems that win 10 power options will need some tweaking.

But i wonder why it doesn't do that on my other same hardware and software?
this is not only the led on, it's also the fan on,i'm not sure which fan it is,because i also have an Ati 6450 card with a fan that i installed.For now no Patience to try to figure it out,basically only do video streaming on this desktop, and with Ubuntu i'm set,cause it runs much better than Win 10 for that now,even with the two displays i have connected i have problems with Win 10
one connected via HDMI and another Connected Via DVI,
In Win 10 if i don't turn on Tv displays and inputs first some times i have a black monitor display, have to reboot over again,
in Ubuntu it doesn't happen,

Back
Top Bottom