Should we be concerned about Huawei as a security risk?

They have a military, yes, as does any developed country. They have no reason to attack us. We buy half their stuff anyway. They don't hate us like the media might try and make it seem. I bring this up with my roommate who is a student from China and he thinks it's stupid that the US always is making the Chinese look like a big military power ready to attack us. No one in his country spreads rumors like that. It's not a topic there, he says it would never happen. They depend on us for food...
"Never would happen", how many times that has been stated & proven wrong.

I hope you are correct but I will remain cautious, much the same as your government.

Keep in mind that China is allied with N. Korea who have missiles that can reach the US mainland. If the N. Koreans attack the US, do you think the Chinese wouldn't aid their ally?

Keep in mind that China is allied with N. Korea who have missiles that can reach the US mainland. If the N. Koreans attack the US, do you think the Chinese wouldn't aid their ally?

Reach the US? They can hardly reach Japan. That announcement that they had those missiles came after S. Korea was given permission to extend their missiles ranges by the US. N. Korea has never had a rocket launch that has shown anything close to powerful enough to reach the US.

Reach the US? They can hardly reach Japan. That announcement that they had those missiles came after S. Korea was given permission to extend their missiles ranges by the US. N. Korea has never had a rocket launch that has shown anything close to powerful enough to reach the US.

I hope you're right. Here's an article that relates: USA TODAY

Do you recall recently when N. Korea test fired missles toward Japan? If you do and you were paying attention, the Chinese flipped out and issued NK some serious warnings. So help the stupid little twits? I doubt it...
And um TE, NK would be doing good to hit Japan.

"Never would happen", how many times that has been stated & proven wrong.

I hope you are correct but I will remain cautious, much the same as your government.
Not our government, our media. Our media is the one that makes the claims that make it seem like China would want to attack us. Our government shouldn't be stirring up wars like that. I'm not worried about China. I'm worried about Iran.

Not our government, our media. Our media is the one that makes the claims that make it seem like China would want to attack us. Our government shouldn't be stirring up wars like that. I'm not worried about China. I'm worried about Iran.
Don't worry about Iran as Israel will deal with them with the backing of you know who,
and about your government they have their hands in a lot of the world affairs which is fact and I do support them for this as the USA has a lot of interests to look after.
Remember this if you regard your freedom then prepare to fight for it otherwise you might lose it..... to me you sound young and naive.
Read your history, newspapers and try to understand what is happening around the world.

PS: Read Chinese history and see how oppressive their own ruling class has been to their own then research how they entered & attacked US troops in the Korean war which might give you a clue.
Never underestimate your adversaries!!!

Last edited:
Don't worry about Iran as Israel will deal with them with the backing of you know who,
and about your government they have their hands in a lot of the world affairs which is fact and I do support them for this as the USA has a lot of interests to look after.
Remember this if you regard your freedom then prepare to fight for it otherwise you might lose it..... to me you sound young and naive.
Read your history, newspapers and try to understand what is happening around the world.

PS: Read Chinese history and see how oppressive their own ruling class has been to their own then research how they entered & attacked US troops in the Korean war which might give you a clue.
Never underestimate your adversaries!!!
Do you even know any Chinese people?

Do you know who Israel's ally is?... That is why I am much more worried about Iran. Our media (newspapers are media) constantly hypes up China as being a big threat. They have no reason to attack us. They only have things to lose by attacking us. Do I think China is more of a threat than most countries? Yes. But they are not my main concern.
Plus, if their weapons work anything like their products, they will blow themselves up before they even get to our shores.

Iran on the other hand has flat out said that if Israel attacks, which they are itching to do, Iran will attack us since we essentially green lighted the attack.

http://rt.com/usa/news/iran-us-bases-israel-889/
http://rt.com/news/iran-strike-israel-world-war-803/

Last edited:
Yes I know Chinese nationals living here in my country.
I know Israel allies.
As for Chinese technology it can be one of the best in the world, not like the cheap rubbish that they export.
Iran threat is only to their own region.
Chinese government has a poor reputation to human rights on their own society.
Just remember China is a super power, China still has an oppressive communist government in power who can strike any where in the world if they choose to do so.

You have your views and I have mine....politics is another issue., I think we are straying of topic from the OP intended topic.

Back
Top Bottom