Should I...

xguynameddavex

In Runtime
I have a debate on my hands that could quite easily be one of the most important decisions in my life... in more ways than one.

I have been debating this for about a week now (Ever since I lost my job that paid for my 700$ worth of bills a month ((not including rent))

I have a Girlfriend who for the life of her could not be any better of a girlfriend. She has helped me in this last week more than ever and even though i lost my job she is completely unaffected, all she does is continue to love me and try to cheer me up.

But what i have been debating will change both my life and hers because the debate is whether to join the Navy or not.

Im not just joining because I need the money, im joining because the thought of working with a team, helping my country, and traveling to all different parts of the world intrigues me.

In one hand I have my girlfriend and my life and my friends, and probobly an available job within the next 2 weeks. And in the other I have the navy, the ability to "accelerate my life"

The question i have for all of you is... If you were in my situation, what would you do?

I would look deep into this. War can be very horrific. Ask veterans around your town for their experiences and opinions.

People say that now is the worse time to join the military because of all the tension going on.

Put a hold on the idea and see if you can get something going here. If nothing comes up after this year, then join the Air Force. Or Navy, if you like.

Just how committed are you to your girlfriend? If you guys don't plan on getting married anytime soon, then GO!!!! Don't let her prevent you from doing something you want to DO!!!! Be all you can be@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I do not think you should join. You have a great girlfriend, you have a whole life. Even though it may be hard right now, you will have a job soon if you really try to do good with the interviews. If you really do decide to join the navy you should join the reserves, my cousin is in the reserves he works with computers and stuff having to do with the army or navy. I hope you make the right decision.

Personally, you have a great life with your girlfriend. Don't join the navy ecause you lost your job. Everyone will lose at least 1 job. Just go on and apply elsewhere.

Like others have said....you have a good thing goin' for you. You really need to think/pray hard about this decision because if you do join and then get deployed you have a 1-2 year tour of duty you have to complete. If you do decide to join then I like Juices idea, you can join the navy reserve!

In your first post you talk about wanting to help your country, theres other things you can do from home to help our country. You could volunteer to work at shelters/food kitchens or other community ministry's to help less fortunate people with their basic needs, or (if your community's small enough) you could join a local volunteer fire department. There are alot of things you can do to help and make a difference;)

Don't get me wrong, I think joining/serving the military is a very honorable profession. Now a days not alot of folks do it, It just takes a serious commitment. And like Jon F said, war ain't pretty. It would be a good idea to seek out local veterans and ask them about their experiences because Recruiters will paint it to be the greatest thing ever, asking veterans will give you a more "real" sense of what it's like.

So anyway yeah just think about it and if your religious then pray hard about this decision.

Back
Top Bottom