Should I trust this person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
Hi guys, I recently sold a laptop on eBay for $710 (US dollars) + SH for a total of $733.

I checked the buyer feedback, and they are all good, but most of them are transactions in the UK. SHe has 18 feedback responses, 100% are good.

I googled the person, and I found that she is a sales manager of "unity phones and electronics distributor" which is located in Tampa, FL, specifically this address:

2500 almeria road
west palm beach
florida

Her address on eBay (where I am to ship), is located on the same road, but 100 almeria road

--

Now, her company description is this: Company Profile: we are the leading mobile phones and electronics distributor across america and west africa region

I just want to make sure Im not dealing with a 419'er.
--

Should I ship it to her? she hasn't sent me the payment yet so I can't confirm that her PayPal address is confirmed.

I don't know, I just want to play it on the safe side.

--

Here's the link where I found the information:
http://www.chinesemarket.info/eng/bizindex.asp?action=addetail&adid=17288

Here's another one:
http://www.bigmarketleads.com/view_print.asp?id=50609288572100670

I don't see anything that seems too fishy. As long as she pays up and doesn't want any "special treatment" then you should be alright.

Aright, well I called PayPal.

They said once the funds are in my account, I have to do two things:

1) get online tracking
2) request a signature upon delivery

Then i'll be set just in case anything goes wrong.

Just FYI if you're curious...

Ugh, guess what:

Notice: Administrative Bid Cancellation
moreinfo@ebay.com <moreinfo@ebay.com> Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Notice: Administrative Bid Cancellation

Hello --,

This email is to inform you that any recent bids placed by dudleymanns may have been by an unauthorized third party. We are now in the process of restoring the account to its true owner.

If this person was the winning bidder for the transaction then the transaction in question should be considered null and void. You may relist the item and request a credit for the Final Value Fee. When a seller submits a final value fee credit request, unpaid Items are automatically identified by our system. Our system will then keep records of the credit requests that are received from sellers regarding transactions that were not completed.

You may file a "friendly" unpaid item dispute (UPI) remark in order to request the fees for your auction and this will not negatively affect this member's account. You can request a Final Value Fee credit through Unpaid Item Disputes by following the steps below:

1. Go to the eBay home page
2. Log in to your My eBay page
3. Under the "Related Links" box on the left side of the page, click the "Unpaid Item Disputes" link

For more information on how to request a credit, I encourage you to view our Frequently Asked Questions page below:

-- link --

Thank you for being an asset to the eBay trading community. We wish you continued success with your transactions on eBay.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

Yep, I won't be shipping to them.

I'm going to be asking the next person down (who seems 100% legit) for a second chance offer.

Ebay tells people not to trust second-chance offers by sellers. You might want to just relist it. Don't they waive the re-listing fee or something when it goes bad like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom