Should I return this?

gweng

Solid State Member
A week or two ago I bought an extra pair of 1gb Corsair memory sticks for my computer. Unfortunately they haven't been working, so I've been doing some testing to get to the root of the problem.

My new memory and old memory work fine separately, but if I try to use all four gigs at once, my computer crashes as soon as my operating system loads. At first I thought this could be a problem with my motherboard since the paired ram sticks worked by themselves.

Last night though I went over to a friends house and swapped his 4 gbs of ram for mine. When I turned on his computer, it crashed right after he logged in. But my computer was able to handle Fallout 3 fine.

So right now I'm guessing that the problem lies entirely with the new memory. At this point should I just return the new ram to newegg and see if a replacement pair works?

yeah that'd be your best bet. nothing is perfect...maybe you just got faulty ram...it happens, try to exchange it and try it out again.

I've done several. The memory test immediately found an issue with both pairs of sticks, but found no problems when they were tested separately.

Maybe the memory isn't from the same batch. Sometimes they clash with each other.

Yes, return it

Back
Top Bottom