Should I Get Vista?

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i'm still not sure if i should get vista home premium on monday. i'm just confused. the price is a bit high. who would pay $159 for a piece of software? but i guess i would if i really wanted it but i'm just not sure!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
i would like better performance and appearance (although i use stylexp/windowblinds), but the rc1's start menu is hard to use and i'm a big start menu user so idk if thats a real big impact...
idk i just don't know. ask me some questions and i'll see if i really need it. and since my computer is being stupid right now i figure buy vista on monday and do a fresh install of it so everything would be nice.
plz help me decide.

Well, unless you're going to be using some of the features exclusive to Vista (like DirectX 10), I'd stick with XP for a while.

PM me if you want the RTM version of Ultimate.

idk about that rtm. i think downloading an os illegally is a bit too much...
i thought that vista would be fine for the future when i keep my pc...at least 4 more years.

Well judging from ur specs shown, i guess u could get it. Although I suggest u wait a while. Vista's still starting out and it's prone to be buggy at this stage. I've heard many people who have gotten it complain about how its buggy and it slows down their computer due to an insufficient video card.

Well, if you've got the spare money, I'd go for it. Your choice, if you think you really need it now, then by all means get it. Personally though, I don't think there's any reason it get it yet. I'm fine with XP until the DirectX 10 games start rolling out.

You could get the OEM version online from somewhere like directron. Only $112 for the full version. Just need to buy something else as well, like $3.50 mouse.

???
i'll pay $150 if i have to...i also thought since xp is bein stupid and shiz i thought i could just get vista and do a fresh install.
but i'm still not sure...i would like to get it; it would be good for the future.

Back
Top Bottom