Should I Get Vista?

lol, who would pay for a piece of software at 159$? try getting adobe creative suite premium cs2.. 1000+$ right there, but uh, if you have a working os right now, just stick with it, wait for microsoft to work out all the bugs and maybe for a service pack release.. then i'd consider getting vista as it'd be safer and hopefully, the price would be more... friendly

Wait a little while for more Vista software. Trust me. I'm using Vista Business right now, and even though I love the OS, it sucks having most drivers in beta. :-\

Yeah, I cant even find a driver for RC1 video. I'm using an RC2 driver. But thats a lil different as Im using a beta.
I'm getting vista mostly cause of DX10. But also it looks sweet. I only have 1gb of Ram but it still works well I think.

dont ever make this mistake, i dont care how much time they spent on vista, crashes and glitches are bound to happen. its a whole new os.

wait a while till they sort out all the problems , if i decide to get it i am going to wait till they release a service pack for it

plus by that tiem it may have come down in price and dx10 cards will also be realy cheap

I don't know about VIsta being slow. It's running super fast for me. I've got AOE3 running and it may be psychological, but it does seem to have less of a lag compared to XP. I love it. I think it's the best OS to date. I had some initial bugs and kinks to work out in the beginning after the install. Hell, I even got the blue screen of death during the install process. Now, it's fixed and I got most drivers updated, Windows Update, and everything's fine now. I can do pretty much everthing in Vista now without having to go on my laptop. I just burned some songs onto my CD using Media Player 11. For movies, well, that's a problem right now since Nero and Roxio haven't updated anything for Vista yet.

Zaki said:
dont ever make this mistake, i dont care how much time they spent on vista, crashes and glitches are bound to happen. its a whole new os.

Same shit happened with XP and previous OS's. No worries...the Vista Service Pack 1 (codenamed 'Fiji') is rumored to be released later this year.

Same. It does run a bit zippier than XP did. Uses a bit more resources though...I have 1GB of RAM and the RAM meter on the Sidebar shows 48%.

Back
Top Bottom