Should I get a 5770?

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
Ok, specs in my sig. I have an awesome computer (in my opinion, for what I do), but the video card is definitely the weakest link. I mainly game, don't do too much else on my computer. Occasional music editing and recording, and some photo editing, but that's easy enough. I'm wondering if a 5770 will provide me with enough power for what I want to do, and if it would be the smartest move. I have $200 to do this with, so I'm sort of at a middle ground. I can't go any higher then $200 though. I would really like DX11, and ATI is preferred, as I can only run dual GPU's with ATI's, since my board uses and intel chipset. I also plan on crossfiring these when I need more power, and they are a tad bit lower in price. Thanks for the input :)

5770 is your best bet.

Or wait for fermi and pick up a 5830. Rumored to be $200.

Haven't heard of this. Is it like a slower clocked 5850?

I originally wanted the 5850, but I just can't shell out that much for a video card. Hell, I could get a PS3 for that now a days. I much prefer PC, but still >_>

Also, will the 5830 have more memory bandwidth? I saw that people were complaining about the memory being 128 bit, instead of 256, but personally I don't know what difference it makes. I tried overclocking the memory of my card, but I only saw a difference when I upped the shaders and core :-/

Not very much is known about it right now, its mostly speculation.

My thoughts are that it will be an RV870 with two or three clusters of SP's disabled and a clock around 625-650 MHz.

Not very much is known about it right now, its mostly speculation.

My thoughts are that it will be an RV870 with two or three clusters of SP's disabled and a clock around 625-650 MHz.

Bleh, I don't want to wait for something that may or may not be. But what can you tell me of this whole memory bus thingy? I'm really not that familiar with the workings of video cards on this level, so I don't see the difference of 128bit vs 256bit. I'm going to assume that it limits the bandwidth of the memory, but it's GDDR5 anyhow, which is very fast, and I don't know of any application that needs that fast of a memory access anyhow :eek:

Bump =(

Back
Top Bottom