Should I flash custom BIOS???

Zekester2097

In Runtime
I NEED to get back into my Ubuntu partition, not just the files, the OS itself.. The only thing I can think of is to flash a custom BIOS (EFI). I need one that would let me prioritize the partitions, for example, I want to use GRUB2 on my PC, so I would put the EXT4 partition above the NTFS one for (Windows 10). I would still be able to access the Windows boot, through GRUB2 ... The only question here is, should I bother flashing? I just updated my BIOS to version 5.00 (from Toshiba), and hope that wasted time wasn't in vein...

I think I should've posted it in my previous Ubuntu thread, as it is relevant..... oh well, no delete thread button anywhere.....

Last edited:
Just set the boot drive to be the one with GRUB on it, and add Windows/all other OS's to your GRUB boot menu and be done with it. You don't need to flash any custom BIOS at all.

IMG_1191.JPG
as you can see, this is impossible on my EFI

BTW GRUB already had Windows on the boot list, and both Ubuntu and Win10 are on the same HDD....

If you only have 1 drive in your system, then you just need to use the bootloader to manage what partitions appear and which one is set as default, as I instructed in your other thread.

Back
Top Bottom