Should I buy an SSD?

Herpderp23

Baseband Member
I've been reading a lot about SSD's lately, and was wondering what people had to say about them, and if you think their worth the upgrade right now? I had my eye on something like this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139135

I know that mostly everyone just sticks their OS on these things, but If I wanted WoW/MW2 and maybe a few programs to go fast, would I stick them on the SSD also?

What are some of the pros and cons of owning one?

Would it be better just to buy a higher end HDD?

Pros: Increased boot time, launching programs would be slightly faster, albeit a slightly noticeable difference, your drive lifetime would be increased.

Cons: You're spending a ton of money for a drive that's dropping in price by the day, so to speak.

What's your current HDD? If you're running a 5400RPM, I would upgrade to WD Caviar Black or a Seagate Barracuda .12. They're the fastest 7200RPM drives.

You know, I think you're right. I should probably hold off until these prices drop, because they definitely are going down fast. I currently have a Seagate barracuda 7200RPM.

I have another question for you! What kind of increase in performance could I see jumping from 1066mhz ram to 2000mhz? Would it make quite a difference?

Before you can ask that question, you need to check whether your motherboard supports 2000MHz. Having faster RAM can make programs run smoother. I'm not sure how much difference you'd notice.

Back
Top Bottom