Should I buy a Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
I was offered to buy a Mac Powerbook G4 (1ghz) / 60gb HDD/ 512mb RAM/ 15" LCD/ Mac OS 10.4 Tiger

from a friend of mine. So does anyone have one of these, or know if they are any good?

From what I've heard they are fabulous machines, particuarly robust, and have the most amazing design. Unparalleled in my opinion by any Windows running company making laptops.

I think you should, this is of course if you need it, or 'want' it.

Charlie -

I hate Mac's. But people do use them, so I assume they are functional, just not for me. So yeah, if you have software that runs on mac.

If I ever went to MAC, i'd buy the Power Mac G5 Guad Core. I'd also have to get the 30" LCD too. Get a buttload of ram and may-be the new Evga 7950

They are sexy machines...

^^ fair enough,

if that's what you want it for, then I think you should get it, what is he asking for it if you don't mind?!

$665, but it only comes with comp and ac adapter.. plus some minor scrtaches.

Is that a good price?

i dont think 1ghz mac can handle tiger... from personal experience, my g5 1.4ghz (... pretty sure) can't take 10.3.9 very nicely... and my powerbook g4 (1.2) also has quite a bit of lagging with 10.3.9

not to mention how they pushed everything together too much, and now on the g4 i own, there are keyboard marks on the screen, and the keys get stuck REALLY badly... i've abandoned it

one thing i like about the apple laptops is how there is now way to click the mouse with the touch of the finger pad thingy

I've seen 500mhz G3 systems run Tiger just fine so just hush :p

Thats a great deal!!!:D
Ask him if he has any system disks to include with it. You WILL need them eventually and your Mac will be worthless without them should the need arise.

For your first Mac running OS X, this is a terrific beginner system! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom