short film

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
Me and a few friends have been thinking about making an indie film. We are serious in this, not just some kids trying to be funny. I can do some stuff in after effects also.

Basically, i read tons of war books, and one subject i like to read about is terrorism. More on the side of the pira than on middle east groups. So, id like it to somehow portray the side of a terrorist. I would say something based on the PIRA vs the UFF, but we dont have irish accents or anything like that. This doesn't necessarily have to be based in 2009, but somewhere between 1990-2020. This is going to have a darker tone.

Now, the question is, who are these 'terrorists' and what is there motive? what do they plan on accomplishing?

one idea i had was that the economy completely collapsed, and britian came in and took totalitarian control, and that the terrorist group would be to 'convince' britian that it was not worth being here and to leave.

Im just trying to get some ideas, anyone have any?

Easy trying to avoid the British squaddie slotting them is there motivation, also it dose not have to be set in Ireland either there was a lot of American Irish support for the IRA.

Your idea of English totalitarian control is not gona work, take it from a ex member of the british army that is not somthing we can do or want to do, you know what happens when a army roles in to town an says your part of england now? people fight back an there is only a few thing squaddies hate more than a bunch of civies throwing bricks an petrol bombs because you know if the situation was reversed you would be doing the same.

Most IRA cells where to be quite frank nothing more than local gangs of thugs, they mostly did intimidation and street fights, the real "professional" groups mostly lived off the grid little or no ID, legitimately bought cars hardly ever carried a weapon unless they where on the "job" didn't meet in public areas tried to coordinate there movements they where compartmentalised only a few knew details for the other cells and most didn't use there real names.

There was no large weapons stashes either, you got a "grab bag" in each cashes a selection of rifles pistols explosives a mix of ammunition etc, an they would be hidden in some mighty strange places often times they used old poacher techniques like hollowed out dry stone walls and sealed bags buried into river banks etc, there is no end of places they came up with. wouldn't surprise me that in 50 / 100 years time they would still be finding lost or forgotten stashes.

Try homegrown terrorists. just look at OK City if you are wondering what I am talking about. there are loads of private militias out there, both para-military and religious, and any of them can foster completely blind devotion like that given a charismatic leader.

If nothing else, read up on a few and make up your own for the film. Each group has a focus of some sort. Give it some thought and you can come up with all kinds of twists. If the movie is from the terrorists point of view you can build empathy with them by showing the perceived tyranny they are facing, as well as animosity toward those who are hunting/persecuting them. Just imagine that you are trying to put out propaganda for this imaginary group and go for building up their "noble cause" and the "cruel deceit" of the opposition.

I could go on, but I will leave it to you.

i was thinking like v for vendetta kinda, where the goverment has supreme control. but i get what you mean it woudlent work. Thanks guys soo much for the help so far! :)

1984 sounds like it could work. i gotta go pick up a copy.

also, the escape from city 17 half life two video is what inspired me actually. But, they are doing that, and im not going to make a copycat movie.

and also, while england wouldent take us over and be totalitarian pre se, they did control us and tax the **** out of us back in the old days, (lets not start a debate ha) so it theoretically could happen again. And it might work just because its a movie.

Tainted play if you decided you wish to make this as accurate as possible any you include the British army in it I am more than willing to offer my services as a consultant.

Bachelors

Free quizno's subs

dominate the planet.

:eek::D

that was for saxon ;)

hahahahaha.
and thanks saxon for the offer!

i was thinking along the lines of pira or baader meinhof gang, but something america based hopefully. I dont have a big budget, so if it was american it would be soo much easier. Im thinking of creating a terrorist group, something small and militant, i just need a cause.

OR, neo-naziism in america. like a small cell of neo nazi's who decide to become militant and the video is the trangression from small time to big time crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom