sharing network drives

rdcmmnst

Daemon Poster
I have a video editing program with 2 different export options one is export as a .avi file the other is to export directly onto a dvd as mpeg2. I want to export the video as mpeg2. My computer is a desktop and has no dvd burner. Is it possible to use the laptop (on my home network) which has a dvd burner to burn the dvd. The problem is that i don't have the editing program on the laptop and the edited video is saved in a unique type of project file that can only be opened with this unique video editing program. Is it possible to share the drive over a network so that i can use it to burn the dvd?

Go onto the computer that has the dvd burner "Right click on it and hit sharing and security" and then click share this network drive, and then type in a name that you want to share it ass then click apply or ok and then go on the other computer and go to "My Computer" then up top see where it says "tools"? click on Map network Drive then look for the name of the drive that you typed in on the other computer then you should be able to click apply and then it will map

Hi,

I tried excately what you said and it worked and could see the files off the disc etc. But how does this make it for use as a burner? i tried nero and a couple of different software and the burner over the network didnt come up on any. Any sollutions?

Thanks

Matt

rdcmmnst said:
I have a video editing program with 2 different export options one is export as a .avi file the other is to export directly onto a dvd as mpeg2. I want to export the video as mpeg2. My computer is a desktop and has no dvd burner. Is it possible to use the laptop (on my home network) which has a dvd burner to burn the dvd. The problem is that i don't have the editing program on the laptop and the edited video is saved in a unique type of project file that can only be opened with this unique video editing program. Is it possible to share the drive over a network so that i can use it to burn the dvd?

Ok the really simple solution would surely to install the editing software on the laptop as well.

You could then do your work on the desktop and then transfer the file to the laptop when completed and burn it to the DVD as needed.

Back
Top Bottom