Sexism in Gaming

My question is when it says pc gaming are we talking solitaire or like Daiblo. My mom plays candy crush on the pc at night so does that put her in that percentage. What I would like to know is what the % of "hard core" women gamers that play and enjoy games that us guys on the forum here enjoy you know rpg's,fps.3ps stuff like that not bedazzled and farmville or even Plants v Zombies.

I am not saying women shouldnt game at all though. Heck I think more women gamers or if those stats are real a more vocal group of women gamers. I would love to meet any women that dig the games I do but alas I have met none

That's why I pointed out that 1 in 6 female gamers are playing FPS games like COD/BF/etc.

A lot of gamers - women and men both - are casual. Solitaire, FreeCell, Bejeweled, etc., and that 47% does include women who play Solitaire, but the 53% of gamers who are men also includes dudes who play Solitaire on their lunch break at work, etc.

Now the 1 in 6 figure, representing around 17% of gamers, focuses on what you seem to consider more hardcore gamers. So yeah, they're out there. And the clerk from GameStop I mentioned who gets harassed because she doesn't play games? Naturally leveled to 238 in Dark Souls with multiple New Game Plus playthroughs ;)

Also, Plants Vs. Zombies is the bomb. Try infinite mode. My gf made it up to something like the 150th level on Plants Vs. Zombies, and used to play it for hours on end, so when her hands aren't bugging her, she can be VERY hardcore. She still whups my @$$ in every fighting game we have and busts out combos and fatalities like no one's business.

And my little girl is turning into something of an expert on Minecraft. She's likely to be a fairly dedicated gamer as well.

I love plants V ZOmbies but either way I would like to see real stats on gamers like us that play the "hard core" games stats like ages, sex, time played,years gaming,time worked per week,income levels. I think that would be intersting

I love plants V ZOmbies but either way I would like to see real stats on gamers like us that play the "hard core" games stats like ages, sex, time played,years gaming,time worked per week,income levels. I think that would be intersting

The ESA might have more statistics on its site, particularly since a lot of that information either is (i.e. age, gender, income, etc.) or would seem to be useful demographic information.

Back
Top Bottom