Setting up second computer to internet.

BGates14

In Runtime
Im using a High Speed mode Wireless G Router. I have it connected to one computer through wires, and one through a wireless modem type thing. The next computer I am trying to connect through wires, however, I don't have or can find the install disc for the router, and my computer is not recognizing the cable. I am connecting this through a ethernet cable. What should I do to set it up? I can't seem to find the drivers on the internet anywhere.

you shouldnt need drivers for a router ?

just plug the cale into the router and plug the cable into the computer ?

go to network connections and make sure the nic is enabled first otherwise plugging in the ethernet cable wont do much. after than it should just work on its own :)

What is the nic? I'm assuming new internet connection but it's not even letting me set it up, I used to use AOL on the computer I'm setting it up and theres that connection and then the normal dial up ones.

a nic is a "network interface card"
its just your ethernet thing to put it simply, well you might have a wireless one aswell. it should just be called "local area connection" it needs to be enabled and you should see 2 computers with a red x through them in the taskbar if the cable is not plugged in, then it should either disappear if its plugged in or it will just turn into 2 computers

Back
Top Bottom