Setting up second computer to internet.

BGates14

In Runtime
Im using a High Speed mode Wireless G Router. I have it connected to one computer through wires, and one through a wireless modem type thing. The next computer I am trying to connect through wires, however, I don't have or can find the install disc for the router, and my computer is not recognizing the cable. I am connecting this through a ethernet cable. What should I do to set it up? I can't seem to find the drivers on the internet anywhere.

you shouldnt need drivers for a router ?

just plug the cale into the router and plug the cable into the computer ?

Yeah I'm trying to set up using the home network setup but it doesnt seem to be working.

go to network connections and make sure the nic is enabled first otherwise plugging in the ethernet cable wont do much. after than it should just work on its own :)

What is the nic? I'm assuming new internet connection but it's not even letting me set it up, I used to use AOL on the computer I'm setting it up and theres that connection and then the normal dial up ones.

a nic is a "network interface card"
its just your ethernet thing to put it simply, well you might have a wireless one aswell. it should just be called "local area connection" it needs to be enabled and you should see 2 computers with a red x through them in the taskbar if the cable is not plugged in, then it should either disappear if its plugged in or it will just turn into 2 computers

Back
Top Bottom