Setting up RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
I have three harddrives right now. My primary drive is 7200RPM Maxtor 40 GIG, my secondary is 7200RPM Maxtor 80 gig, and my third is Western Digital 250GIG 7200 RPM.

Now, I was wondering.. if I was to setup them up as a raid configuration-- would this effect performance on my computer (my specs are in my signature)? I know RAID improves performance, but my main question is would I have to format my harddrives? That's a lot of data I have, between websites and programs I've made.. I can't really lose it all.. ;x

Also, a little off topic. I'm getting a laptop soon, and I was going to upgrade the XP TO XP x64. Is it worth it? Will I get more performance?

using windows with 3 different drives like that in RAID will be more of a hassle than its worth and not help you at all

Im not sure if windows even does software raid

Ah, screw it ;). What about Windows x64? I have a Radeon x800 Pro, and I get about 110fps on CS:S, and other source games. Would it improve performance?

Don't get 64bit windows yet. See software forum below the hardware, where I believe there are two threads about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom