setting up mysql, phpbb, php...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
not sure if this is the right place to post, but I think it is, its open source software and stuff..

but anyways, im trying to setup a bulletin board on my local machine. It has IIS 5.1 running, the latest PHP (5.1.4?) and mysql 5 (installed in that order too). I am trying to set up phpBB (free bulletin board software) and am having a lot of trouble. I feel like i've tried everything!!

i get the following error:

Code:
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the databasePHP Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'Tom'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in 
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 48 PHP Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in 
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 330 PHP Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in 
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 331

everything seems to be set up correctly, localhost for my DSN, installing on mysql 4.x/5.x, etc.

i've checked my PHP, checked my IIS and everything seems to be working just fine. I am assuming it is my mySQL, because i've tried to set up phpBB with other versions of mySQL (4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1) and no luck. I am a total mySQL noob too :p... and i feel like there is more to it than just installing, configuring (initial configuration of MySQL) and then installing phpBB. i've also tried setting it up with MS Access, MS SQL (both of which i have) and again, the same rotten luck.

Also, i've looked at every possible online guide for setting it up... i just feel like their skipping osmething because it is so obvious

thanks!!

EDIT: well i tried making a new db, and it said "cannot connect to localhost (using password: NO)... how do i make it use a password to sign in, or how do i properly connect?

thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom