Setting up dual monitors: WindowsXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxofoner

Baseband Member
So I've got these two monitors plugged into my card, right? And I know the computer "sees" them, because if I unplug my second monitor, it gives me the old "NO SIGNAL DEVICE UNPLUGGED" screen. And when I reboot, the boot and post screens show up on both monitors. But then the OS loads, and the second monitor just goes to sleep. In the display properties >>> settings tab, it's showing the monitor as plugged into my onboard graphics, I think. But it's actually plugged into my NVidia 5200. I can't verify that, though, because it shuts off. Any ideas?

Oh thanks... I'll try that. But I'm NOT using a "secondary graphics adapter" or whatever they called the graphics card: I've got them both in ONE card.

Re:

Hello,

Do you have the nvidia drivers installed?

If so, then go to Control Panel > Display > Settings Tab > Advanced button > Click on the GeForce FX 5200 Tab > On the left you should see something like Multiple Displays, or Displays...

Make sure that your secondary display is active here, and that all the settings are correct.

Ok, thanks, that should work... I'll try it when I get home. I had missed the advanced button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom