setting up a network

hawkeye1

Beta member
I just bought a new laptop and i was wondering if anyone could help me out? I want to set up a wireless network with the new laptop and one other laptop we own without a desktop hooked up is this possible to set up so they can both use the same printer without have to hook up the usb cable every time we need to print? I would Appreciate any help you folks could offer thanks

yes, however if your printer doesn't have an ethernet connection, or is not always hooked up to a computer, you will need a print server. you also need a wireless router.

could you please explain what you currently have in more detail, as in do you already have wireless internet, do you have wireless in both laptops, do you have a router, ect.

hey rubberchicken I do have a wireless router already and both laptops have wireless built in I have to check the printer to see if it has an ethernet port. I hope it does. So if it does where do I go from here. Thanks in advance for all your help.

ok, so if they are on the net work, all you need to do is plug in the printer. if it has an ethernet port, then plug it in and install it on both computers. if not, you need to buy a print server, and follow the instructions. the best place would be newegg, but you local computer store should have some as well.

Back
Top Bottom