SETI make's alien contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not unless it is like Start Trek and they can go into warpdrive and get to earth in 2 seconds. Hey, who knows, right?

DefragMyHead said:
what's the source of that article is what I want to know.
Me too.
Shumway said:
...SETI project, funded by Paul Alan the co-founder of Microsoft, come forward with this information?
Ah, it all makes sense now. Paul Alan knows that if Aliens come to earth the first thing they'll do is tell everyone how much Windows sucks and to use Linux. That's bad for M$ Business:angry:

Personally, I would think of aliens as single-celled organisms floating in minute pools of hydrogen peroxide, blanketed by an windy, atmosphere-rich planet.

Definitely not "little green men".

thats really a horrible perception of aliens. why would u think that we are the only developed organisms out there, for all u no aliens could already be travelling at the speed of light. well maybe not.

just a question, which do u guys prefer, the big bang, or the steady state theory, if it is true that there is nothing beyond the universe, and the universe is infinite, then the steady state theory seems to take the cake on that.

just as a clear up of both theories, although its not perfectly defined, cause im not exactly sure of the words to use.

Big Bang Theory: basically there was a point in time where time was 0, and the universe came out of nowhere, slowly expanding and growing, something along those lines, and will keep on expanding.

Steady State Theory: The univers never came form anywhere, it was just there. and when it seems to expand, what happens is as lets say these parts of the universe (i e galaxies) move apart, their gravity creates mini-universes from the matter in between, so lets say Billions of years from, now the universe is as dense as it was billions of years ago.

i hope that wasnt completely incorrect.

The chances of single cell life are small, the chances of organisms developed as much as we are is insanely low. Physical barriers will probably prevent us from alien contact ever, and by contact I mean actually seeing a single cell organism from somewhere else.

Look at the facts.

1. Space travel is very difficult as it is, even if some aliens knew how to travel efficiently they are still way the **** away.

2. If you know even a little bit about how biology works and chemistry then you should know that everything on earth seems to fit PERFECTLY to create life. When you take that factor in it seems insanely small of a chance that anywhere else has life.

3. The universe is just so **** big and we are such a tiny little planet, there's simply no way we will ever be able to communicate with anything very far away.

Sure, if you are actually going to another planet it takes 4 lightyears, but what if we could bend space, and step to the otherside, then bend it back? It would take a matter of seconds.

john3 said:
just a question, which do u guys prefer, the big bang, or the steady state theory
Big Bang, since it describes the beginning. I can't believe that the Universe was just "there", it had to be created from somehow and Big Bang at least makes a lot of sense to me in terms of how it was created, expanded, matter creation, etc. Steady State never really did that for me, though I don't know as much about it as I probably should.
Somewhat related, have you guys read any of that stuff on String Theory? It takes a minute to grasp it but once you understand what they're talking about that **** will totally blow your mind

and besides that... their's no intellegent life on this planet, so they would blow us up anyway and make room for a interplanitary bypass, which by the way has been in the planning office on Alpha Centauri for 50 years! :p

Mr_Threepwood said:
1. Space travel is very difficult as it is, even if some aliens knew how to travel efficiently they are still way the **** away.
maybe if there are aliens, and they are advanced, they can teach us a thing or two about space travel.

Mr_Threepwood said:
3. The universe is just so **** big and we are such a tiny little planet, there's simply no way we will ever be able to communicate with anything very far away.
I wouldn't say that. the chances are small, yes, but definately not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom