</FilesMatch>
<FilesMatch "\.(css)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=87000"
</FilesMatch>
<FilesMatch "\.(html|htm)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=300"
</FilesMatch>
</IfModule>

to my .htaccess. Should I see this reflected in the server header for my site in some way?

Thanks

No it is not that. We do not like people multiple posting. There is a Edit button. We ask that for the first 24 hours people use that edit button and edit their post instead of having 2 or more posts from themselves to a topic. It is un-necessary to multi post on your own thread. This is a practice used by almost every forum out there. Not jsut this one.

I dont edit your posts. I merge them. Since you do not edit your posts you multi post. Whic you would know by reading we do not like to see. We want to keep things as clean as possible and having the same person post 2 or more times in a row within 24 hours makes the site messy.

It is not a un-necessary edit. It is un-necessary for you to post multiple times and not use the edit button. It stays active for 24 hours. Also me merging your posts does not remove your topic subscription.

If you feel it is unjust that i merge your posts cause you can not edit them within 24 hours i am sorry. But i am doing what i was asked to do when i became a Mod. This is not something that is not practiced on every forum i have ever seen or been on. Sorry you feel that it is unnecessary but i feel that it is unnecessary for people to make several posts in a row without using the edit feature which as simple as clicking hte Post Reply button.

I'll edit, instead of posting twice. Other forums you can't edit but you can post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom