Server Constantly Shuts Down.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have a 2007 IBM X3200 M2 Tower Server that is constantly shutting down with in 60 seconds of boot.

The Server was stripped out and put back to gether after a good clean but hasn't booted proper since. I have had a constant yellow or Amber LED Exclamation Mark lit up ever since shutting it down months ago when ever I boot it.

The system was making three beeps x 3, so Beep Beep Beep. Beep Beep Beep. Beep Beep Beep. Very short intervals when I took out the HDDs. I also got an error message about the Memory, "Memory Bit Execution Error." When I added back a 512 MB Module after installing the first two 1 GB Modules. When that error message appeared it said the system had disabled DIMM 2 and DIMM 3 Booting off just the first and only 1 GB Module in the system.

Personally I think the CPU Could be over heating. Thats my theory on it but really P***** off now with it.

Any one any ideas what's wrong.

Here's the documentation for your server. It has a list of the beep codes starting on page 122: http://www.istoragenetworks.com/servermanuals/x3200m2_maintenance.pdf

From what you described, it looks like the code on page 124, which is 3-3-3, and indicates "no operational memory in system." I would suggest reseating the memory and trying again.

+1, or worst case scenario, for some effed up reason, one or more of your cards has decided to give up on you. Resulting in the slots being disabled. If reseating them doesn't fix it, then I'd try testing each stick on its own (if possible) to see whether this is the case.

Back
Top Bottom