Serious virtual memory loss problem

abhall

Beta member
I'm about to go insane. When XP loads and I double click on my name (user) to get to the desktop I get a "virtual memory loss" error. Windows tries to load for about 20 seconds, but I then get the error (never arriving to the desktop). Windows then tries to correct the error by itself (15 -20seconds), but I get a "this computer does not have a license" error. Basically, I can't even get to my desktop to go to My computer or anything. What do I do next? More RAM?

if you have xp and its not a legal copy and activated online it will stop working. Or if it was legal and initiated you have a crash of some sort try reinstalling xp

Gary Graefen said:
if you have xp and its not a legal copy and activated online it will stop working. Or if it was legal and initiated you have a crash of some sort try reinstalling xp

Sounds possible,but what in hell does this mean ?

"I double click on my name"

I don't have to so ,if this isn't a home computer then i will not continue to reply.
:confused:

abhall said:
I'm about to go insane. When XP loads and I double click on my name (user) to get to the desktop I get a "virtual memory loss" error. Windows tries to load for about 20 seconds, but I then get the error (never arriving to the desktop). Windows then tries to correct the error by itself (15 -20seconds), but I get a "this computer does not have a license" error. Basically, I can't even get to my desktop to go to My computer or anything. What do I do next? More RAM?
Yeah - it could be illegal in which case contact where you got it from (if you thought it was legal when you brought it) or just buy a real one (if you knew it was a fake when you brought it). If it is real; then reinstall it and you'll soon find out whether whoever said it was was lying or not.

Back
Top Bottom