Serial ATA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are cool. SATA is recognized as primary master in the CMOS in slot 0. Two IDE hd's as secondary. Now there is not enought room in my case for the 4 hd's! I had to hang then in with the CDRW's. :) I believe Inow have a potential PSU problem:
Intel 478 3.0 Prescott, 800fsb
Nvidia 6800gt
Motu 2408 PCI
Gadget labs 824 pCI
2x CDRW
180 GIG metal gear USB HD
250gb SATA wd 2500jd
200 gb wd Ultra 133
160 gb WD Ultra 133
Firewire PCI with EXT. DVDRW
Onboard sound via Intel D865PERL mobo.

I now have a 450wt psu...Am I "stressing" my PSU?

Nah that's fine, 450W should be enough. What matters more is the make of PSU, and the amp rating on the 12V rail.

Eh, if yer worried about the wattage of yer PS, just get a bigger one. Why worry about it and risk a brown-out, when the suckers are so cheap?

I think 450W is sufficient for your system

for the 4th Hard Drive, you can buy those adaptor kit (2 metal support for each side allow you to mount it on the CDrom Slot) to install it on your system properly... hanging it is not really a good setup :p

Thanks....I'm going to pull the 160 gig ide 4th drive for another puter. 900 gigs is a bit much even with 1 gig audio wave files for mastering...sheesh. Nearly one tg of hd storage is excessive, it seems to me. Thanks for the info. where do you acquire the hardware for hanging additional internal hd's if I decide to keep the forth drive onboarad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom