sending wireless HDMI signals over long range

nikkwiecinski

Beta member
I am looking to figure out a way to transmit a video signal from an HDMI web cam over a decently long distance, ( in the 1/2 to 1 mile range ). I can not use internet access because the web service on our company network blocks any kind of streaming. So i have done a bunch of research and am just looking for someone to confirm that i would be able to do this. the location i need to monitor is very remote and far away so bringing in another camera and adding it to my security camera system is not possiable. i want this to be an independent system.

My idea is to use an HDMI webcam monitoring the area and than connect that to a HDMI to cat5 adaptor. I than want to plug that cat5 into a wireless router, and using an amped SR600EX to boost the signal to the distance i need. than on the other end i would need something that can take the signal and convert it back to an HDMI and connect it to a display or monitor.

I am not the best at this kind of stuff to be honest, i told my boss i wanted to learn/ be more involved in the networking side of things and he gave me this job to figure out.

any help would be greatly appreciated

THANK YOU :)

Get a PoE camera and use Ubiquiti long range wifi equipment. DOesn't need to be on their network to work, and doesn't need to go over the internet.

Back
Top Bottom