Sending out an SOS

Raveboy

Baseband Member
I started getting the message (when booting up computer)

sata primary drive 0 not found
primary drive 0 not found
primary drive 1 not found
secondary drive 1 not found
strike f1 to continue, f2 to run setup utility

If I press F1 it reboots computer again thyen the above message comes up again.

If I press F2 I can go into bios menu. once I exit bios the computer goes back to the above message.

I tried doing a clean install of the operating system but still get the same messages.

I have gone into the bios system log and under 'Event Type' I am getting the message 'POST Error'. UInder the heading Event Data I am getting:

CMOS Battery Failure
CMOS Checksum Error
CMOS Time Not Set

On other occassions I get the message:

SATA Primary drive 0 not found
Primary drive 1 not found
Alert! System battery voltage is low.

What can I do to reboot up windows and why am i getting these messages?

Hmmm. Maybe someone else will be able to provide better insight, but it sounds to me like it could be a couple things.
First thing that will almost definately fix the problems:
CMOS Battery Failure to me means the the litium battery on the motherboard is bad. This same conclusion is supported by the Checksum error, as well as the time not set error. This is a battery that can be replace at wall mart. It's simply a watch battery, you just need to find the particular size that yours is, you can either record the size(should be printed on the top of the battery)
lithiumBattery.jpg

or you can take the battery out and take it with you to the store. I would start there and if that doesn't solve the problem, you may want to check your motherboard itself. Try updating the BIOS, or if you didn't build the machine, call the vendor and ask for a replacement(if it's under warranty). Let us know what happens.
EDIT: > woot, 100 posts!!

Before you do that, try just resetting the CMOS. Check out your motherboard's manual to find the jumper you have to switch. You should have to take out that battery and unplug the computer or something and then move a jumper, then put the jumper back and put the battery back in and plug the computer back in.

another thing you can try is running your computer in safe mode. and then trying to figure out why this is, scanning your computer for viruses ect. if it wont even let you in safe mode i would definatly try what they are saying.

ok you posted another sos thread for a different problem. are you trying to repair a load of pc's? if this is just one pc then it needs a re formatting asap

Back
Top Bottom