Sending messages across networks using notepad??

Rob 1212

Beta member
Hi just wondered if any of u know how to send messages across the network using notepad??
I know it can be done but realy dont know how!
Plz help me
Rob

Lol i use to know the command because i would do it at LAN parties and make everyone mad..Thats also going to be my senior prank with the " Reformateing C: Drive now please hit Ok to continue with process"

do you mean sort if turn notepad into a chatroom?
i don't know how to do that but if you create a file in notepad on a shared folder then you can write your message and then save and the other persons opens reads replys etc

Notepad is a powerful tool.
I use it for storage of text files in Yahoo's briefcase, you click the file and it opens almost instantly on a browser window, so you can read it entirely...

This should help you, this is using command prompt [net send]

NET SEND {name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS} message

Sends messages to other users, computers, or messaging names on the network. The Messenger service must be running to receive messages.

You can send a message only to an name that is active on the network. If the message is sent to a username, that user must be logged on and running the Messenger service to receive the message.

name
Is the username, computername, or messaging name to send the message to. If the name is a computername that contains blank characters, enclose the alias in quotation marks (" ").
Sends the message to all the names in your group.
/DOMAIN[:name]
Sends the message to all the names in the workstation domain. If name is specified, the message is sent to all the names in the specified domain or workgroup.
/USERS
Sends the message to all users connected to the server.

If you want more sumarised version you can go to http://www.amset.info/windows/netsend.asp

PS, this type of sending is one way and not shown in notepad form, instead it is in a pop up form

dyserq ,
SP2 automatically disabled the messenger service in its updates. And almost everyone else has had that service disabled because of misuse by spammers.

Back
Top Bottom