sempron to athlon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
My mobo and chip fried a few months ago and I bought some budget replacements to get me by until I had a little more cash to spring for an upgraded proc.

I have a Gigabyte GA-K8U Socket 754 ULi M1689 mobo and a Sempron 64 3000+ proc as of now.

I have no desire to have a high end machine anymore, I went through that with my previous setup and it turned out way too expensive. I think my motherboard is fine, even though it's dated with AGP, socket 754, and no dual channel.

I have also set aside my 6800 vid card for a more cool, less space approach with an EVGA 6200.

This is the proc I am looking at, it's still a budget proc, but I want to ask opinions from fellow members of this great forum how much of a performence increase this will have compared to my current Sempron.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16819103483

you should see a noticable speed difference in load times and such. i upgraded from a 2800 sempron to a athlon 3000 and it cut my load times in half for OS, games, and apps.

i saw the newcastle and the venice cores of the same chip are the same price on newegg.

what's the difference between the two, does one run better than the other?

thanks, by the way, i still have that P4P 800E Deluxe with the 3.2 P4 chip for ya. It's still packed and I'm moving again soon, but I'm still holding onto it for you until I can ship it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom