sempron 3000+

carboncontrol

Beta member
hi does anybody out there have a sempron 3000+ processor 1.8GHz, 128kB, 1600MHz, Socket 754? do you think that would be an ok processor for games like halo and UT2004?

Halo is not very demanding of the CPU at all, it's more video card demanding. As for UT04... it will get OKish performance, but don't expect it to shine.

If you want fast performance on the cpu side of things from UT04.. I suggest getting a Amd Athlon64 3200+, they come in socket 754, in the newcastle core. It's an all around decent CPU.

MikeReiner said:
Halo is not very demanding of the CPU at all, it's more video card demanding. As for UT04... it will get OKish performance, but don't expect it to shine.

If you want fast performance on the cpu side of things from UT04.. I suggest getting a Amd Athlon64 3200+, they come in socket 754, in the newcastle core. It's an all around decent CPU.

There are also Venices for S754 too. Overclock like a dream.

First, please size down your signature to 5 lines maximum please.
Second, if you want to play games with enough OOMPH! to them, get a Athlon 64. Semprons are really for budget users or casual users who don't game but just need something to help get things done.

There is a Athlon 64 3000+ that is Socket 754 and it has the Venice core, for $110. It sounds weird, but it's on Newegg.com.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103606

carboncontrol said:
hi does anybody out there have a sempron 3000+ processor 1.8GHz, 128kB, 1600MHz, Socket 754? do you think that would be an ok processor for games like halo and UT2004?

HEy isnt his signature more than 5 lines?
And to be back on topic, My processor can run both Unreal Tournament 2004 and Halo, I dont know how good that processor is but im sure that if I can run both of those game son my comp you can run it on yours

Back
Top Bottom