Self Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
I'm not having much luck recently, I have 3 computers that I'm using and I have problems with all 3 :(

XP Home SP2
Kaspersky 6
Outpost 1.0
Ewido
Firefox (extensions:noscript, adblock el al)

The one in my sig has started rebooting itself, note I've taken it back to standard clocks. I can't rule out a hardware problem yet but I can't see any obvious hardware cause.

I've run Memtest86 for a few hours with no problems and the same goes for prime95 torture test. The processor is running at about half of the recommended maximum temperature.

Now the reason i've posted this here rather than the hardware forums is that the reboots only occur when i'm doing something related to networking/internet. I can run computer games all day long with no problems but if I play with my network settings or browse the internet I get hard reboots.

What could be causing this? there's no clues in the event viewer and prior to the last crash I turned on DrWatson, the .dmp file was just full of references to kaspersky files and processes.

Any ideas?

mfar8055 said:
Try turning off auto reboot on error so you will be able to see the error code.

How do I do this?

p.s. I'll reinstall my network card.. I'll also take the second one out just incase thats causing a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom