Brookfield

Golden Master
I was startled to receive this email today;

"From; xfat.s@[my email address]
To; aqfactory@eurofilter.com
Subject; Sadaam Alive!
Message; [string of figures]

Because it contains an executable file.

If you beieve the message is business related, please send a message to marshal@ama filter.com and request that the message be deleted, if no contact is made within 5 days, the message will be automatically deleted.

Mail Marshal Rule: Content Security [inbound] : Block Executable Files.

NetIQ MAIL Marshal
Email Content Security"

Now I know that this might be an elaborate hoax, but firstly, please treat it as serious, the implications are grave, it refers to a CF thread titled "Sadaam Hussein alive", this could have repercussions on the site integrity at CF., if it is a silly hoax, I'll be very angry with the perpetrator, & will make every effort to track him down.

David Lindon said:
Hey brook, how does it relate to CF? Just seems to be some sort of spam
Because it refers to a thread "Sadaam alive!" which was on an open forum at Computer Forums, I now have a sneaking suspicion that a CF member has done this as a wind up, if it was, I want him hunted down & PB'd, & I feel that I'm not being over dramatic about this, I copied it very accurately, every word, figure, symbol exactly as it was on the original, even the spacing of the paragraphs & sentences are the same, & as I'm not fast at typing, it took me a little while.

couldn't find a thread about "Sadaam Hussein alive" with the search function, and can't remember that there would have been one. I agree with David, seems like it's just normal spam.

mammikoura said:
couldn't find a thread about "Sadaam Hussein alive" with the search function, and can't remember that there would have been one. I agree with David, seems like it's just normal spam.
Oh right, well if that's the case folks, I'm glad, thanks, but I'd still like to know how it got past my AV, it always says "No virus was found in this message"

joxley1990 said:
It's just spam Brookfield, I get 100 of these on a daily basis..
It's spam alright, I googled the web addresses on it, zilch, I should have done that before I posted!!!
dousing.gif

Back
Top Bottom