Security on 64 bit vista

Vitaminx

In Runtime
what do you guys think is a good anti spyware and firewall for vista 64 bit? or is the windows firewall and windows defender good enough?

They both aren't that great. Use Avast! for antivirus and Spybot S&D for spyware. Something like ZoneAlarm for the firewall should be good. Just make sure you disable Windows firewall so you don't have them both running at the same time.

If u behind a router u don't need any firewalls, plus if an actual hacker would want to get into ur pc I don't think anything would help. Good Firewalls are hardware created and cost a lot! +1 for Spybot S&D. If u really want a good antivirus, and I'm sure u will get lots of different suggestions but "NOD32" is the best in my opinion, but its not free.

Cheers

dont think zone alarm works with 64 bit vista. atleast thats what it said when i downloaded it and tried to install it.

NOD32 was the best av when I used windows. I used ZoneAlarm, but I am not sure about their 64 bit support. There is sphinx firewall, but like NOD32, it'll cost ya.

A blocked port is a blocked port. The built in Firewall should be fine for the average user.

Back
Top Bottom