Security Geek Fired: For Doing His Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
this article describes what a security officer proposed the company should do and what happened because they did not implement. silly office politics.

Security Geek Fired: For Doing His Job?
Posted 7/21/2006 by SecurityMonkey (Information Security Investigator)

I had a very disturbing phone call with a security colleague of mine this evening. With his permission, I have transcribed the story that he shared with me and have only changed the names to protect the genetically stupid.

Wow.. thats horrible. Unfortunatly, thats how life is.. the bottom line is the only thing that seems to matter.

sounds like the guy robbed the place himself lol if you asked me. a ****ed off employee that knew nothing was locked lol. but either way its stupid to get fired when you suggested all the safeguards.

That totally sucks! I just read that article and that guy was unfairly treated, I guess someone had to be the scapegoat...

Damm, i would have been VERY P*SSED if i was in his position, people that do that kind of stuff to their employees need to be put in the employees position and see how it feels

Thats kind of stupid. No, really stupid. It's about like getting an F on a essay that you were supposed to copy, but everyone else gets an A.

wow. I hope he has back up's of all his attempts to warn the CEO of their lack of security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom