Security Camera App?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hi everyone,

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place for this thread or not. Since it is regarding a few things but if it isn't please move it to the appropriate forum.

Anyways, I was recently asked by a family friend for some help with potentially setting up a few security cameras in his home. One of the questions he asked me was whether or not there is some sort of app or way for him to check in on the cameras via his smart phone. I know now-a-days they have the cameras that will stream via a WiFi connection and what not but wasn't sure about this.

So I was wondering if anyone has any answers regarding that question? Are there any apps out there that will allow for this?

Regardless, he would at least like something that he would be able to check in on using his laptop while connected to the internet. Does anyone have any suggestions on a reasonably priced set-up? He said something like 3-4 cameras would be plenty.

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to buy IP cameras for that to work, yep. His choice whether he wants them to connect to his router via wifi or via ethernet.

Then setup port forwarding for the camera. Good guide here

Tbh though, there's hardly any good security reason to have a live-view setup over the internet like this. You're much better off getting some IP cam software that will record everything instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom