Second PSU

Istonian

Daemon Poster
I am getting my new case soon and my power supply doesn't have the right amount of 4-pin molex connectors for the fans. I was wondering how if possible you can put in a seconsd power supply in just for case fans and such.

well, for starters if you have a case that can take two power supplies at one time, you can install two power supplies, and pick and choose which one gives power to which, however, this is an overkill. i'd say just get a whole new psu, which will have enough fan connectors, and be more up to date so you can upgrade other components without worrying.

but if you really must get another psu for just the fans, and you dont have a large enough case, you can get powersupplies that fit into 5.25" bays.

why don't you get some splitters for the molexes or a fan controller. chances are that unless you have a really crappy power supply (in this case just get one nice one) your not going to go over by adding a few fans with splitters.

I might just go with the splitters. I found some on newegg that I could buy. Thanks for the suggestion/

Back
Top Bottom