Second opinion

Jeffro456

Beta member
I am currently building my first computer and I have my part list and i just wanted a second opinion to see if everything is compatible and if im missing anything please help me.

Motherbored $239.99 MBOARDS
CPU $389 Buy the Intel Core i7-2700K 3.50 GHz Quad-Core Unlocked at TigerDirect.ca
Graphics card $379.99 VCGTX570
Hard Drive $308.99 HDRIVES
CD Drive $23.99 ODRIVES
Green LED Fan $9.99 COOLING
Power supply $98.99 PSUPPLY
Wireless $28.99 NETWORK
Monitor $187.99 MONITORS
Tower $99.99 CASES
RAM x2 $84.99 MEMORY

Looks Good, only thing is, i would buy a cheap HDD for the time being a wait for the inflated prices of HDD's to drop, due to floods HDD manufactures have lost out on over half of the predicted production last year. Therefore increasing prices, that HDD next year should drop to half the price :)

There's also little reason to want a Velociraptor drive. They aren't very fast compared to large capacity 7200 RPM hard drives - the 1.5 and 2TB drives out today can make the Raptor seem like a dinosaur... well more than by just the name at least. :D

And for that price range on a hard drive, you can start considering SSDs north of 120GB if you really want something fast. I'd recommend an SSD in that price range if you're worried about speed, instead of the Raptor to be honest.

You need a cpu cooler. Especially if you're getting a 2700k. Also, unless you wanna intensely overclock ur cpu get a 2600k. Theyre pretty much the same thing.

How would i overclock it anyways? and i will probably switch to the 2600, whats the difference from 2600 and 2600k?

the "K" in the 2600k means that the multiplier is unlocked. which means you can overclock. whereas the 2600 is locked so u cannot overclock. I think you can find better prices elsewhere. For example, that UD3 motherboard seems overpriced.

Back
Top Bottom