Second Opinion on Freezes and crashes

soker

Beta member
So i own this Aspire 5741G laptop and in the past i've had several blue screens that comes and go by like 3 in 3 months for 1 week or so. But thats not why i'm here today. A week ago my laptop has started to crash Windows Explorer several times and it gets slow as hell randomly, the browser i use also crashes o stops working and most webpages take a lot of time to load and videos (while charging/loading) keep freezing randomly for 2 seconds until they completely load, games, sometimes they open other time they take huge time to load, and when ingame it sometimes runs completely fine and then PUFF it freezes for 2 minutes or so. Also when the laptop is turning on sometimes it takes a huge time (and i mean huge like 20 minutes) just to reach the Windows opening logo.
At first i though it might've been some corrupted file or something, but even when i formatted the laptop (restored to fabric settings reinstalled OS and all that crap) the problem maintained itself.
At this point i started to run some tests mainly on the Hard Drive, and well acording to my laptop (Check for errors at boot) everything is fine with it but according to Seagate Seatools the Short DST test fails and the Long Generic Test also fails.
Hell i'm almost 90% sure its the damn HDD that is dying but I kinda wanted a second opinion before i buy a 70$ new HDD.
Thanks in advance by the way.

If you already ran the HDD test software using both the Short and Long tests... and it failed both... then I'd definitely back up your data and replace the drive.

Yup...if the Seagate tools test fails... you'll need a new drive.
You can check on Seagate's support site to see if there's any warranty on this drive, but if it's the same drive that came with the laptop and if that laptop is out of warranty from the manufacture then don't bother attempting to RMA this drive because it fall's under the laptop manufacture's warranty, and Seagate won't be of much help. This would be a very good time to consider getting an SSD drive. (This morning I saw a 240gb Muskin drive as a shell shocker sale for $120).

Thanks for the help guess i'm getting a new drive (not a SSD i'm kinda low on money maybe in a further future but thanks for the tip)

Back
Top Bottom