Second Hard Drive Wont Show Any Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakoom2002

Baseband Member
I have a western digital 250 gig serial ata, and the other day I accidently screwed up the winlogon.exe system file so it was no longer accessable. I decided it was time to buy a new hard drive (maxtor)to have more space and so that I wouldnt have to format the wetsern digital and do a fresh install, this way I could just set the WD as a slave and transfer the files over to my Mator. I install the maxtor as the master and then install windows 2k on it. I then try goiong into my computer so I can start trasnfering my files, and the old hard drive shows up (Western Digital), however, the hard drive shows as 0 bytes, as used and capacity. The hard drive deffinately is not empty and has a cxpacity of 250 GIGS. What could be causing this, I really dont want to format my hard drive, thats the whole reason I bought the second one. Could this be like this because the old HD was installed with xp and the new one has 2000 on it?

I dont know how to jumper the sata drive, the ide is set to mnawster, but i read online you dont have to jumper the sata, its not like a noemal set. it has four jumpers spots, I dont know which one to set so its a slave

Hi Im running into the same problem.I have 2 300 gig hard drives I cant get data off of after jut moving them to another computer. you can use a dats recovery tool to copy the files to the new drive. I have to buy another 300 gig drive just to get my files back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom