Search engine visibility techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

Baseband Member
With the rise of internet shops and more buisnesses going online, there is a need to use search strategies to get yourself ranked in search engines. People usually buy the products they see on first page of Google as rankings on first page often generates better results. Following can improve your visibility among search engines:

Natural optimization:
The term is related to on page and off page optimization methods. On page is a crieteris by which search engines find you and off page is a criteria used in ranking your website on search engines. This include following but not limited to:

• Link building.
  • Clean and valid html codes.
  • title tags for pictures.
  • unique title for your webpage.
  • If your URL decribes what you do, its better.
Paid advertising:
Getting youself in paid rankings may be a quick way to generate traffic but it can be bit costly. Few paid programs that i found useful are:

• Google Adwords
  • Microsoft adcentre
  • Facebook
You can create advertisements and target it to right audience. Many other platforms are available but its important to get the basics right before you start posting your advertisements. Revise the rules and read as much information as possible to get yourself in better position.

Price comparison websites:
Again this is a kind of paid advertising but lisitng on such sites can increase your sales. some of major players in Price comparison are:

• Kelkoo
  • Pricerunner
  • Pricegrabber
  • Shopzilla
  • Shopping.com
All you need to do is to create a feed in Excel and convert it to Tab-delimited. The feed should be created as per the website rules. Once you have done it you need to send it and they will get you listed in their shopping site.You would only pay for the clicks that your advertisement generates.

Another thing that is useful is Google Product Search. Its free and yes it gets you traffic. The procedure is simple as above comparison sites and results are great.

Hope this article is useful to someone who wants to implement online marketing techniques. please note that the views expressed above are my own. I welcome criticism and is always ready to learn from my mistakes.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom