Screwy browser

I am not sure. No matter. I have another mb and cpu and ram with new cpu fan. Couple other things coming for it as well. Should have it all here next week. Thats all i am saying for right now. I will let you know after i get it installed and up and running.

The psu in this one is a little over a year old. Its a 80 plus cert Antec true power trio 650 watt. I am going to open it up to see if anything looks hinky.

I am going to use the psu and gpu once i have new stuff installed. I just can't see the psu doing this. Other stuff would go bad at the same time. I think..that the cpu burnt up taking the ram and board with it. That brown color that the thermopaste had tells me it was getting really hot. And i think i found the reason that the cpu cooked. I have a duel fan cpu cooler on it. One fan is not working. I couldn't see or hear the other fan ramp up on startup! Thats why me thinks. Don't know how long it was like that. But it started acting up last week so there you go...

Yeah, but warrenty kinda goes away after a year anyway. I have a fellow who can check thjs one out for me. Not worried much. Its like the stickers that say don't remove under pennity of law. I ripp them right after i get them. Big fat deal.

If that Antec true power trio 650 is only one year old, there's still two years left on the warranty. Odds are slim that a PSU that old would fail but it could happen. If your still using old boards then you may want to check the capacitors for signs of leaking.
Years ago one of the first PSU's I bought (circa 2003?) was an Antec true power 650 .....it died of bad caps but it was several years old too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom