Screen/monitor Size

hockeyman4413

In Runtime
Hi guys,
i was wondering and couldn't really find anything, so here it goes. Is there any limit on how large your monitor can be? does it depend on vid. card? not really an important question but i was just wondering because i've obviously noticed max resolutions on cards but i didnt know if that actually limits the size of the screen. and would it even be worth it to have a huge monitor or would it look crappy? dont flame me if its a dumb question, lol.

size limit, I don't think so. Older cards might not be able to get up to the monitor's max resolution, but I don't think it'll care how big the actual monitor is.

Resolution is the only determining factor. Doesn't matter how big the monitor is.

would the quality of the image progressively get worse then if the size of the screen increases but the max resolution stays the same?

I think that would come down to personal oppinion. I'm running a dual-display setup here on a 19" and a 17". Both are running the same resolution, but I think it all looks better on the 19" Could it change on bigger screens, possibly...

Well, bigger monitors have higher resolutions, so you need to have a video card that is capable of running the resolution that the monitor can display. It all comes down to doing research on the monitor and video card that you plan on buying so that the resolutions match.

If you were running something like a 37" monitor at 800x600 resolution, that would look terrible.

sry to topic jack but i just got a 40" tv and i have it on the computer desk because thats the only place it will fit, what resolution should i run my computer at?

Back
Top Bottom