Screen icon blinking

petershene

Baseband Member
Hi there guys recently on my computer , ive been getting this thinking where my computers desktop icons blink ( refresh ) randomly , ive scanned the pc for any viruses nothing comes up .

I can really find a pattern either as sometimes its there then it isnt, could it be a hardware problem ?

I have not noticed any changes in performance or the likes.

Love the sarcasm i did this ...hence the fact im asking here .. so let someone who knows something help ..thanks bro. :)

As you can see one of the first suggestions on that search is to check for a virus ...

For those who would help , i do have a second screen attached to my laptop , the problem does sem to go when i remove it,but i cannot tell forsure becauseof the random nature of the thing .

Last edited:
You have searched! Perfect! How about more information then?

At the very least, your operating system. Then hardware, wether you have the appropriate drivers installed, what kind of fixes and procedures you have tried, if you made changes to your computer recently, when did the problem start, etc.

Yes google is ok, forums are great too.

LIke i said its random most people on your search are referencing to something called webfx some desktop manager . I dont have anything like that installed. And my search yielded a more virus checking advice. I guess the next step is to remove programs from the last to first , something i dont want to do...

I STILL wonder about the second screen , i mean i know its bad but both my screens are almost filled with icons and whilst my laptop the core i7 Asus is fairly new the second screen is an old Phillips 170b ( i wonder if it could be a compatabilty type issue if thats even possible for a vga output) ... it has its own speaker and looks like a hybrid between a flat screen and a old rgb monitor, but its lcd , ive noticed it gets hot too. Problem is like i said sometimes i wont have the bliking for days even weeks and then it would flare up , i can find no pattern .

Last edited:
Forums are great only if you provide information so the rest can help you.

If you could add some information (as I said in the previous post) that would be great.

Since you seem to think that it might be a virus, then may I ask how you attempted to remove this virus?

I'm gonna assume you are on Windows 10. You should try running the next programs in the same order as I present them (especially the first one):

1- Rkill (it's important that you run this one first)
2 - MBAM
3- Hitman Pro
4- Zemana Anti-malware (the protable version)
5- Emisoft Emergency Kit (if you still think there could be a virus)
6- Adwcleaner (optional)
7- JRT (optional as well)

Forums are great only if you provide information so the rest can help you.

If you could add some information (as I said in the previous post) that would be great.

Since you seem to think that it might be a virus, then may I ask how you attempted to remove this virus?

I'm gonna assume you are on Windows 10. You should try running the next programs in the same order as I present them (especially the first one):

1- Rkill (it's important that you run this one first)
2 - MBAM
3- Hitman Pro
4- Zemana Anti-malware (the protable version)
5- Emisoft Emergency Kit (if you still think there could be a virus)
6- Adwcleaner (optional)
7- JRT (optional as well)

Admittedly i only ran avast, and no i have 7, im trying to hang on to it until windows forces a change i dislike 10 immensely.

Perhaps running a few would help , are these applicable to windows 7 ? I get that there might not be as much for it as it i old.

Found a windows 7 rkill well it says its for vista 7 and 10

All of those should work fine on 7.

Thanks one more question , the comments on rkill arent that great , true or false?

Read through that thread again the mods seem on it (( ie ) active to resolving any issues so im going to go ahead from what i read there this is just to identify and not a removal tool im guessing this is why you gave me that list.

Last edited:
Thanks one more question , the comments on rkill arent that great , true or false?

What do you mean by that? What did you read? Where?

Edit: It's not a removal tool, it's not to identify anything. It just stops running malware processes so you can run removal software normally.

Back
Top Bottom