Screen Dosen't Work. Settings Changed.

george2

Daemon Poster
Ok I was on the other computer today and changed some of the settings to the highest setting on true colour. After I had set it onto true colour I get this message in a blue box that says: Attention Out the Range H:76.2KHz V:60.OHz.

And another thing while this was going on I tried to see if I could fix something in the BIOS. In the BIOS I toggled the Load Setup Defaults and then saved & exited. Now when I start up I get a chart with voltages and a warning saying:
System Temperature: 30 CPU Temperature: 28
System Hardware abnormal, press any key to continue

And after the mem test I get a message saying SDRAM CAS Latency time is "2"
I'm running windows 98.

Please help this computer has all my music on it and I'm lost without it.
Thanx
George.

how easy can you reset your factory settings on your monitor ... if you still get the menu the give that ago

How do you reset the factory settings? I don't think I can get the menu up if you could provide any more info that would be great. And could you give me some idea of what I did to the BIOS.

have not got a clue ... sometimes if you change a setting on a computer thats just right for that one the other computer you plugged your monitor into may not work ... you get the message just like what you got.

nah I changed the settings on the same computer. I changed the settings in the computers menu not on the screen. I think the computer dosen't have the capabilities of what it tried to do. Do you have any idea about the BOIS, what I did wrong.

Just try and reset the bios by clearing the CMOS memory.

This can be done in one of two ways:

Either take out the round battery on the motherboard for a few hours

Or 2, check the motherboard manual for something called a CMOS Memory Clearing Header. Its this jumper which you change (it can be near or a bit away from the battery, but sticks up) and when you change the position of it (from 1 to 3 for example), it resets it almost straight away. You then just place the jumper back and start up.

Try these two options. This will reset it, undoing any harmful changes you might have done :)

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom